Friday, December 31, 2010

Say Goodbye to 2010

I just went through the yearly task of switching from one desk calendar to another. The 2010 calendar is spent, used up. It will be filed away with years worth of others (I can't bear to throw one away... what if I write my memoirs some day and need to know that on Thursday, April 26, 2007, my son and I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at the Summerlin Library? See what I mean?)

But I digress... I know a lot of people are going to be happy to send 2010 on its way. For me, however, it was a year of blessings. Personally, my son started his senior year of high school, my husband achieved a career goal, and we were finally able to buy (and move into) a house of our own. Professionally, I saw the release of my second novel (The Pastor's Wife), signed a contract to write another one (The Mother Road), and signed with a great agent. So when I put away my 2010 date book, it's with a smile and a thank you.

Then there's the new calendar. It's so pretty. It already contains (in no particular order):
  • The January schedule for all the awesome ladies who contribute to my blog, The Pastor's Wife Speaks.
  • Dates when I'm scheduled to blog elsewhere
  • The deadline for my next book - April 1st!
  • The date for the next ACFW Conference
  • Special dates to remember for family and friends
That may sound like a lot, but for the most part, the calendar is blank. Like the year spreading out before me, it's open to amazing possibilities. 2011 will hold challenges, to be sure... How will I cope with an empty nest when my son goes off to college? Will I sell another book, or will I crash and burn? Will my Wii Fit character EVER lose enough weight to be skinny again?

I have no idea.

But here's what I do know: God loves me. My husband and son love me. My family and friends love me. I even love myself from time to time (something I think every woman on the planet struggles with). Being surrounded by that much love, everything else is just icing, right?

I can't wait to see how God fills up my calendar. May He fills yours with all that is good and lovely.

Be blessed!

No comments: