Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thank God For Sugar-Free Cheesecake!

Despite the fact that I'm a lover of all things chocolate, I've found that my body feels much better when I don't eat a lot of carbs (specifically white flour and sugar). So sadly, I've stopped my visits to See's Candies (my absolute favorite) and stopped eating bread and such. It's a small price to pay for the difference it makes in my health.

But hey, a girl's still got to have some fun, right? That's why I'm so jazzed about sugar-free cheesecake. What's in cheesecake? Cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and sugar, so if you cut out the sugar, it's pretty much a low-carb food. And if you don't eat the graham cracker crust, you're golden!

The only problem is, finding this delicious treat. We've been able to find it at most of the buffets that we go to (yes, we eat out a lot, but we always use 2-for-1 coupons, so it's actually pretty cheap). But so far, the only place we can find to buy a whole sugar-free cheesecake to take home is The Cheesecake Factory, and I can't justify paying $42 for dessert!

So, if any of you know of a sugar-free (or low-carb) cheesecake source, give me a shout out. I know the answer is out there somewhere!

No comments: