Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The AH HA! and the Awwwwwe Moments



Wednesdays. The night when LOST and American Idol battle for my live viewing time. LOST wins, but I record AI and watch it right after, lest I find out the results from over-zealous Facebook friends. Which leads me to tonight's moments:

Warning - SPOILERS AHEAD!!!


LOST - AH HA!
Tonight, Ben had to seek forgiveness for the one sin he's truly sorry for: the death of his daughter, the stolen Alex. And when he finally gets to the right place, after falling through the floor in an underground tunnel (so he's waaaaay down there) what do we find? Columns covered by Egyptian hieroglyphs. Some time last month, I made the connection between Paul's ankh necklace, the big foot statue, and yes, Richard's eyeliner and supposed that we would find out there's an Egyptian back story on the island. TA DA! Now I'm just waiting to find out that the never-aging Richard is in actuality a pharaoh or something along those lines. Wait for it...


American Idol - Awwwwwe....
It wasn't a huge surprise. I even picked him last night as the one to go home. But actually seeing Scott get his Idol adios was pretty moving. He seems like a genuinely nice fellow, and his sense of humor has been wonderfully dry and quick. Who can forget his on-stage high five with Ryan? It's great that he's going to be on the AI tour, but I'm going to miss seeing him on the show.

2 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

Finally got to watch Lost last night. Yes, the Egyptian connection does help me understand Richard's overdone eyeliner. Interesting. And that zig-zaggy smoke symbol confronting--was that Anubis on the central wall over the holes in the stone? Hmmmmmm.

Jennifer AlLee said...

I thought the same thing (about Anubis). So it looks like the smoke's been around for awhile. And all these people who've come back to life - Christian, John Locke, Alex - are they really alive, or are they a physical manifestation of the smoke? Weird stuff, which is what I love about the show. It's a treasure trove of "what if" moments!