Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bits & Pieces - What's Left of My Brain After Driving All Day!

Son and I drove to Southern California yesterday and drove back today. My shoulders were screaming by the time we got home! So now that I've had time to rest my aching muscles and check all my electronic forms of communications, here are some bits and pieces from my day.

Oddest Train of Thought During the Long Drive Home - Bela Lugosi
Let me explain. We had breakfast with my mom this morning and ended up talking about Bela. He was a friend of the family - my grandfather knew him in Hungary, where they both came from. I've known about that forever, and how my mom sat on his lap and called him Uncle Bela. What I DIDN'T know until today is that he asked my great-grandmother to marry him. So that got me thinking about him, and what might have happened if great-grandma had said yes. Next thing I know, I'm trying to figure out how to work him into my current book... or give him a book of his own. I'll have to give that some more thought...

Celebrity Tweet of the Day
BrentSpiner - I'm thinking of going into rehab. I'm not addicted to anything, but I think it's good way to jumpstart an acting career.
(In case you don't know, Brent Spiner is probably best known for playing Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation.)

DVD of the Night - A Dog's Breakfast
If you're a fan of Stargate Atlantis, you have to watch this movie. The small cast contains David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett (his sister), Paul McGillon (who plays not one, but three roles), Rachel Luttrell, and Christopher Judge. They call it a dark comedy, but it has a very satisfying, fun ending. You can watch it on Hulu here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/50266/a-dogs-breakfast

So that's it for me today. I'm going to do a little writing, so some reading, then gently fall into bed. I'm kinda pooped!

2 comments:

Jenny B. Jones said...

Very cool Lugosi was a family friend!!! wow!

Jennifer AlLee said...

Jenny, Imagine if I could have said he was a member of the family! Obviously, great-grandma wasn't thinking about giving me future blog content. Oh well, she was still a cool lady :+}